Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2012 01:14:58 +0200
From:      Matthias Schuendehuette <msch@snafu.de>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD ?

--Apple-Mail-9--491954078

Hi all,

Am 01.06.2012 um 14:03 schrieb Mehmet Erol Sanliturk:

> [...]
> If you are NOT using FreeBSD for any area or some areas , would you =
please
> list those areas with most important first to least important last ?

We are using two FreeBSD-Servers as a SAMBA-Server and as a plot-server, =
partly using the Linux-ABI. Both servers are rock solid (HP ProLiant).

But I'm not brave enough to run an ORACLE Database-Server under FreeBSD. =
For a corporate database server I need official vendor support for that =
platform and therefor I have to use RedHat or SuSE.

It's really a pity. I'm using FreeBSD since version 2.05 and was never =
disappointed.

Best regards

Matthias
--=20
Ciao/BSD - Matthias

Matthias Schuendehuette    <msch [at] snafu.de>, Berlin (Germany)

--Apple-Mail-9--491954078--