Date:      Mon, 06 Aug 2012 16:09:11 +0600
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   console in graphic mode

Hi.

I'm trying to play with a console in graphic mode and with UTF-8 in it.
Nowadays device sc and options SC_PIXEL_MODE are in GENERIC, so I added
only the

options         TEKEN_UTF8

and built/installed the new kernel.

Now I'm stuck in a pretty stupid situation: my monitor refuses to work
in any of the graphical mode available. Only text modes are working.
My monitor is a Dell E177FP, it's manufactured in 2006. I understand
that this isn't the last model, but still it's not a museum showpiece.

Can something be done in this situation ?

Thanks.
Eugene.