Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:34:37 -0800
From:      "Mitch (Bitblock)" <mitch@bitblock.com>
To:        "'Andrew Seguin'" <asegu@borgtech.ca>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Network accounting

Interfaces are 100Mbps, but our internet is about 50Mbps total I believe
(still have yet to get hard facts from people here). With our daily traffic,
we see always 80GB total daily... but I'll keep hourly accounting in mind.

[Mitch says:] With 100Mbps interfaces, you have to be prepared to clear the
counters every 5 minutes... the counters can overflow that fast at that
speed (assuming 32 bit counters...) if they are 64 bit, then you can let it
go MUCH longer...

m/