Date:      Tue, 07 Jan 1997 03:19:07 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/x11/tix/pkg PLIST ports/x11/tix Makefile ports/x11/tix/patches patch-aa

> People will need to whine really hard to have this backed out. :|

Just so long as it's understood that this is a bad hack, I am not
going to complain too much.  Things like TiX getting into Tk's private
include files are just breaking the rules, and if there are parts of
Tk's API which are not exported and should be, then that's between
John and his development community.  I fully understand why such
hackery is nonetheless necessary in the short term if you want to do
certain neat things with Tk, and we do such things ourselves at
various places in the FreeBSD source tree, but it's still *wrong* and
we shouldn't encourage anyone to emulate the practice of poor design
abstraction. :-)

					Jordan