Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 1997 12:53:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Kenneth R. Westerback" <krw@tcn.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2R 'make install' in /usr/src/release/sysinstall

After getting src-2.2-0213 I thought I would try to compile just a piece
of the world and settled on sysinstall.

I cd'ed to /usr/src/release/sysinstall (as root) and did 'make'.  This
worked fine to all appearances so I did 'make install'.  This produced the
error message:

install -c -s -o bin -g bin -m 555   sysinstall
usage: install [-CcDps] [-f flags] [-g group] [-m mode] [-o owner] file1 file2
       install [-CcDps] [-f flags] [-g group] [-m mode] [-o owner] file1 ...
             fileN directory
       install -d [-g group] [-m mode] [-o owner] directory ...
*** Error code 64

Stop.

Is it possible to compile pieces of the world using the make files in the
sub directories, or (I find this hard to believe) must I make world to
rebuild anything, or is there some trick to getting it to work?  Perhaps
it is just sysinstall that is not supposed to work this way?

---- Ken