Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:13:24 -0500
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Cc:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Subject:   Re: How do hackers drive?

Brad Knowles wrote:
> At 2:31 PM -0500 2003/11/04, Bill Moran wrote:
>
> > Perhaps I should relocate?  Is there a market for BSD application designers
> > in Netherlands?
>
> 	Not unless you speak Dutch, and you have your own work permit
> that you can bring to your prospective employer.  Oh, and you'll need
> to pay for your move.

I don't know about computer jobs, but I know lots of other
non-Dutch-speakers (engineers and other professionals) who moved to
the Netherlands and stayed there quite happily.  Well, at least when
they moved they were not Dutch speakers.  As for daily life, one can
get by fine in Amsterdam and other major towns not knowing a word of
Dutch, but if you live there I imagine you'd want to learn.

And the employer takes care of, or at least helps with, the work
permit paperwork.  (I doubt you can get a work permit without a
concrete employment offer, and that applies to most countries
including the US).

Rahul