Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 11:32:15 -0500
From:      Robert Beer <r-beer@onu.edu>
To:        "James Van Artsdalen" <jrv@raid.us.dell.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: emacs & less bug

At 2:50 AM -0500 2/18/98, James Van Artsdalen wrote:
>     If I run       $ EDITOR=emacs less  foo.c   and type "v" in less,
>less invokes  emacs to edit the file. If I then press ^G in emacs, both
>less and emacs  see the SIGINT, not just emacs.   This works correctly for
>me under BSDi 2.1 with less 290, emacs 19.29 and bash 1.14.5.  If I
>compile these versions for FreeBSD  2.2.5-released they don't work.  The
>versions of these programs shipping with FreeBSD  2.2.5-released don't
>work  either.

I have been (slowly) investigating something much like you describe with
emacs in a telnet session.  I think you will find that emacs is receiving a
SIGSTOP and not a SIGINT.

This appears to be a bad telnet client and server interaction.  Does anyone
have any further insight(s) into this problem?

---
Bob Beer <r-beer@onu.edu>
Ohio Northern University, Academic Computer Services, Ada, OH  45810