Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 08:31:47 +0000
From:      "David Edwards" <david@portanc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   panic

Hi,

I am running FreeBSD 2.2.2 on a Pentium 200, with 64K of memory.

Since upgrading to this release, This machine displays a panic ....
message, and reboots.

When this happens, it doesn't reset the necessary flags  (fsck).

So I must manually fsck the system.

This problem occurrs even with the Generic Kernel release.

I have regened the system, increasing # of users to 25, and enabling
sio2 and sio3.

I am  not always watching the machine, when it reboots,
I just hear a: drive start on reboot.

I have only run 2.2.2 on this Pentium machine.

I was running the previous version of BSD on an INTEL DX4-100.
I upgraded the BSD OS, and the Hardware at the same time.

Rebooting is no problem, except that it can easily trash my disks.

What are my options here?

o  Can I copy a kernel from FreeBSD 2.2.1 and see if it also panics?
o How long till the next release.
o Suggestions and comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
David Edwards
david@portanc.com