Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:47:24 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound problems on stable (pcm driver for cs4236 device)

I have an IBM ThinkPad 600E which uses a Crystal CS4236 sound
chip. This generally works with the pcm driver (with minor tweaks to
/sys/conf/files), but fails when I suspend the box.

I assume that something needs to be initialized when the box wakes up
but that does not happen, so the board generally starts behaving
badly. This may include total non-operation, generation of odd noises,
especially at the start of a file, or repeating the final bit of a
file over and over again for anywhere from 5 to many seconds.

I have none of these problems when I have boot from scratch.

Any ideas of a fix for this?

Thanks,

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)