Date:      Sun, 03 Oct 1999 10:48:08 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        mick3@attglobal.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LI Boot failure

John Michelini wrote:

> Every once in a while, I will power my computer on and the bootstrap
> doesn't load; instead I get the two characters "LI" at the top of the
> screen with a blinking cursor next to it, and cannot boot the system.  I
> must re-install FreeBSD in order to get around this problem.

	That's a linux LILO problem. If you don't still have linux on your
system you need to find out how to get rid of LILO once and for all. I
assume that the linux lists would have some help for you. You might also
try searching our mail archives since someone else has probably come
across this problem.

Good luck,

Doug
--