Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 1997 20:02:45 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/3143: mkisofs site has moved

>  Errmmm...yea, I was trying to test out a cdwriter here and going down that
>  path is what led me to try to install mkisofs.  I did not *carefully*
>  check out the new mkisofs;  I've only used it via the textbook "makecdfs"
>  script running around in /usr/share/examples/worm -- so I haven't played
>  with anything like multiple sessions or an include list or ... .  All I've
>  done is hand it a source tree and tell it to munge it into cd9660 format.

Well, I just used it to build several FreeBSD CDs, both of which
checked out fine on every file when verified with the brik utility,
and the one built with El Torrito extensions even boots directly on
newer revision AHA2940UW controller.  I'd say it's in good enough
shape to bring in, and if it breaks then someone at Walnut Creek CDROM
will fix it. ;-)

					Jordan