Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2014 17:35:49 -0500
From:      Jeremy Brown <mischif@mischivous.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cross-Compiling RPi Ports From amd64 Using Native Toolchain

I'm trying to write a script that will create a custom FreeBSD image for a
Raspberry Pi that includes a precompiled set of ports. I'm using Crochet
for the heavy lifting and it's mostly finished except for the compiling the
ports on the image. I managed to get it working using full-emulation with
qemu but it's ridiculously slow, and now I'm trying to use the native
toolchain to speed up the build.
This is where everything's gotten difficult. I've been beating my head for
the past week or so and I can't even get make to proceed past the configure
stage. Right now I have two issues:
1) cpp fails the sanity check with a syntax error around the headers; I
don't know why, as I've replaced the toolchain's include directory with a
symlink to the system's directory.
2) I get the error ELF interpreter /libexec/elf-ldconfig.so.1 cannot be
found, more or less. I've tried symlinking the system's file in to replace
the toolchain's one, but I didn't suppose that didn't help since they were
for different architectures.
Can anyone help me solve these, or point me to a location where they've
been solved already? I've tried following the qemu howto
<https://wiki.freebsd.org/QemuUserModeHowTo>; but it doesn't work for me.

-Jeremy