Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 1996 10:13:28 -0600
From:      Raul Zighelboim <mango@staff.communique.net>
To:        "'hardware@freebsd.org'" <hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SMC9332DST in 10baseT mode.....

Hello there.

I am trying :-( to install a Etherpower card on one of my FreeBSD
servers...

The details:

FreeBSD 2.1.5
kernel sees the card:
de0 <Digital DC21140 Fast Ethernet> rev 18 int a irq 9 on pci0:12
de0: DC21140 [10-100Mb/s] pass 1.2 Ethernet address 00:00:c0:9f:f0:e6
de0: enabling 10baseT UTP port

Then I enter 'ifconfig ed0 -link2 up:
and I get de0: enabling 10baseT UTP port ....

All looks well.

All looks well, but the hub can't see the card.
This is the second card we try.  the first one would work OK for an
hour, then slow down to crawling transfer rates.

Is there some magic involved that I am missing ?
BTW - the card passes all DOS test from the SMC distribution floppy.

Thanks in advance.
Raul Zighelboim
       mango@communique.net