Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 1996 16:47:36 -0700
From:      Scott Blachowicz <scott@statsci.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mh package has no POP support

Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za> wrote:

> What do the rest of you think? I know it was broken at some stage. If
> I can make a basic POP service work, how about it?

I seem to vaguely remember that, at some point in time, if you added POP
support, you lost "normal" use (that is, 'inc' would always try to use
pop).  That could just be a bad memory on my part, but it would not be
good if that were the case.

I also seem to (more recently) see mentions of '-no*pop' option(s).  It'd
be nice if it could be built in such a way that it would continue to work
without changes for those of us that don't use POP.  (yes, I know it'd be
easy to go add a '-nopop' to MY .mh_profile, but if that were the only
way, it'd generate a bunch of questions "hey! my 'inc' command doesn't
work any more! what happened?").

Or maybe it should be (would be?) triggered by a 'pophost' entry in the
lib/mtstailor file or some such?

Scott Blachowicz  Ph: 206/283-8802x240   Mathsoft (Data Analysis Products Div)
                                         1700 Westlake Ave N #500
scott@statsci.com                        Seattle, WA USA   98109
Scott.Blachowicz@seaslug.org