Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 03:03:05 +0100
From:      "Cameron Grant" <gandalf@vilnya.demon.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   known/verified sound issues in 4.4

* neomagic doesn't work
this driver should be considered broken.  attempts to diagnose it have been
hampered by my not posessing one and my extremely poor net connection making
remote debugging infeasible.  further effort will not be made by me until i
have a neomagic based laptop in my posession for a minimum of two weeks and
preferably unlimited time.  one with a broken screen would be ideal for use
with a serial console.

* short sounds are truncated
reproduceable problem that is being investigated.  solution before release
is unlikely.

* cards with multiple record channels do not use the desired channel by
default
will be fixed after release.  a workaround exists for now.

* hard lockup with linux rvplayer 5 and sb16
cause unknown, under investigation.

* some cards record or play at a lower maximum volume than in windows
cause understood, may be fixed after release.

* maestro-2e hardware mute does not work on some laptops
will be fixed after release.

* xemacs seems to kill sound playback
cause unknown, under investigation.

i am aware of no other issues with pcm in 4.4 at present.  would anyone
experiencing these or other problems please email me with full details of
the problem and hardware configuration asap.

    -cg