Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 1998 13:09:06 +0000
From:      Michael Doyle <relyod@indigo.ie>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Configuration Question

I have set a PC up as a mail server for my company.
Setup:
  *  It allows users to connect via Eudora (using the "popper" server)
     and send and recieve mail.
  *  It connects to the ISP by "dial on demand"
     user level PPP, with a script "ondemand" in ppp.conf , invoked in
rc.local
     with the command line "ppp -auto ondemand"

The "glitch" I'm seeing is that any time a user tries to connect, (or I try
to telnet) to the server in question, it dials out if the connection is down.
I.E. it seems to dial the ISP not only when there's outbound traffic, but also
any time there's traffic on the local link (the ethernet card)

Any suggestions regarding what I might have configured wrong?
If anyone wants to help, I would send the detailed configuration files to
them, rather than clog up the  mailing list with the files. :-)

Mike
Michael Doyle			Home: 280 3042
Network Administrator		Work: 661 0588
Co-Operation North		relyod@indigo.ie