Date:      Mon, 22 Aug 2022 07:12:33 -0700
From:      John Kennedy <warlock@phouka.net>
To:        Marek Soudny <soumar@soudny.net>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wireguard, was: kernel: Fatal data abort - issue on rpi4

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 03:57:52PM +0200, Marek Soudny wrote:
> thank you again for your advice and opinions. I purchased new SanDisk sd
> card and usb stick as well, just in case.
>
> I have to say, that I diged a bit further and found out the RPI4B (4G
> RAM) becomes unresponsive right after I try to access it via wireguard
> vpn, or when I tried to access the rest of the wireguard vpn from the
> box. I disabled the wireguard service before weekend and the box has an
> uptime since.
>
> So, has anybody had an issue with wireguard and rpi4?

  I don't use wireguard myself, but if a package includes a kernel
driver you have to be really careful that you keep them in sync.  I run
into this possibility with video drivers (nvidia, radion, etc) all the time.

  ... and that is the reason that I do horrible things to my RPIs and
their storage like compiling the kernel and poudriere my packages.  :D