Date:      Mon, 25 Dec 2017 11:34:52 +0000
From:      Meny Yossefi <menyy@mellanox.com>
To:        "freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Konstantin Belousov <konstantinb@mellanox.com>, Hans Petter Selasky <hanss@mellanox.com>, Slava Shwartsman <slavash@mellanox.com>, Matthew Finlay <Matt@Mellanox.com>
Subject:   Setting priority per flow

Hi all,

I'd like to set priority per flow in FreeBSD for PFC use.
In Linux, I can do so using a socket option (SO_PRIORITY) which eventually =
will be mapped into the PCP bits in the VLAN tag.
Is there a FreeBSD equivalent? So far I could only find an 'ifconfig' optio=
n to set PCP ('vlanpcp'), but that's only per VLAN interface, not a specifi=
c flow.

Also, is there a way to configure prio-tagging (priority over VLAN ID 0)? I=
t seems that setting VLAN with ID 0 is not permitted:=20

sys/net/if_vlan.c, vlan_config() lines 1418:
	/*
	 * Don't let the caller set up a VLAN VID with
	 * anything except VLID bits.
	 * VID numbers 0x0 and 0xFFF are reserved.
	 */
	if (vid =3D=3D 0 || vid =3D=3D 0xFFF || (vid & ~EVL_VLID_MASK))
		return (EINVAL);

Nothing on the receive side suggests this case is being handled as well.

I Would appreciate an elaborated answer in case I'm missing something here.

Thanks in advance,
Meny