Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 2009 14:30:03 GMT
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/135412: [zfs] [nfs] zfs(v13)+nfs and open(..., O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_EXCL, ...) returns io error

The following reply was made to PR kern/135412; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, danny@cs.huji.ac.il
Subject: Re: kern/135412: [zfs] [nfs] zfs(v13)+nfs and open(..., O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_EXCL,
 ...) returns io error
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:22:47 +0300

 Danny,

 maybe you misunderstood Gavin's question or maybe I misunderstood your reply.

 I have stable/7 amd64 from Jun 26, I have upgraded zpool to version 13 (as
 reported by 'zpool upgrade' command) and I have upgraded zfs on-disk to version 3
 (as reported by 'zfs upgrade').
 And I can _not_ reproduce your problem using the program you provided - it
 successfully creates a file on the first run and it fails with '17 - File exists'
 on the subsequent ones.

 So, I'd like to re-iterate the question - what on-disk versions of zpool and zfs
 you have?
 Please provide output of 'zpool upgrade' and 'zfs upgrade' commands to avoid
 further uncertainties.

 --
 Andriy Gapon