Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:58:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Michael Williams <mgwilliams@newsouth.com>
To:        "George M. Ellenburg" <lnbrg@atl.mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fwmanager / fwmd

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, George M. Ellenburg wrote:

> Has anyone had success in getting 'fwmd', part of the 'fwmanager' project
> from...
> ....compiled on a FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE system?

Nope.  I've tried it on 3.4, 4.0 and 4.1 with no luck whatsoever.
Everyone else I've talked to about it (I asked the same question on a
couple of other lists a few months back) says they haven't gotten it to
work, either.  It's broken.  Emails sent to those who taught the course
for which it was written and the authors themselves have gone
unanswered.  I gave up on it after a couple of weeks of beating my head
against the wall.

If you have any luck, though, please share what you learn!

Michael Williams
NewSouth Communications -- IP Security Team
mgwilliams@newsouth.com