Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 1998 23:14:52 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Francisco Reyes <francisco@natserv.com>
To:        John Sconiers <John_Sconieres@ama-assn.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, jcwells@u.washington.edu
Subject:   Re: Metro-X -vs Accelerated-X

On 13-Oct-98 John Sconiers wrote:
> Johnathan Raymond Sconiers II

> On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, John Sconiers wrote:
>
>>I am thinking of investing in a commercial x-windows display server.
>>Has anyone tried out Metro-x and accelerated-x and how do they stack up
>>against each other.  Is it even worth buying a commercial x-server or
>>should I stay with Xfree86.

I got the Metro-X server. I find it noticiable faster than the Xfree86.

You do have to have Xfree installed beforehand, but other than that I find
its setup program very user friendly. For the price, $39 if I recall, I
think it is a great buy.

----
francisco@natserv.com
The power to serve.   http://www.freebsd.org