Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 98 18:46:22 +0200
From:      THIERRY.HERBELOT@telspace.alcatel.fr
To:        brownicm@netunlimited.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=E9p_:_Re:_newbie_PPP_question?=

     have you updated /etc/resolv.conf ?

     can you ping a numeric IP address ?

____________________________ Séparateur Réponse ________________________________
Objet : Re: newbie PPP question
Auteur :  brownicm@netunlimited.net
Date :    01/07/98 17:51

I was about half off-track wasn't I? Blindly typing ATE1 was
just the thing. Thanks a million to Brian.

FYI '~?' still doesn't echo but the help command list does.
The help commands (~. or whatever) don't echo but they do
work. The AT commands echo. Who knows? I'm happy.

Almost. You may notice from the header that I'm still on the
Win95 box. I get logged into my ISP no problem, enter 'add
00 HISADDR' and I can ping and telnet all over the 'Net but
I can't get netscape or lynx to work. Ideas anyone? What
dumb thing am I doing now? TIA

Chris Browning
brownicm@netunlimited.net