Date:      Thu, 04 Nov 2004 14:43:59 -0600
From:      "R. Tyler Ballance" <tyler@tamu.edu>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ultra2 oddities

--=-St4kWFIKN0ZtSRB9+luO

Ok, I'm been biting at the bit (as it were) to get FreeBSD 5.3 (RC3 or
4, can't remember now) installed on my Ultra2, and I've got an external
Sun monitor, along with keyboard for it (just cause) but none of the
startup modes for sysinstall work correctly.

Is this a problem with how the modes are setup, or is it a little
deeper, with how GENERIC handles the framebuffer and keyboard input (it
seems like the arrow keys just aren't mapped, quirky eh? ;))

I hooked it up to an old toshiba laptop (running 5.2.1-RELEASE of
course) and it's installing using serial console mode instead.

-R. Tyler Ballance

--=-St4kWFIKN0ZtSRB9+luO

--=-St4kWFIKN0ZtSRB9+luO--