Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 1999 00:26:30 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Scott Benjamin <SBenjamin@quest.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Security Docs? Help?

In message <1D7D0A00F0E8D111A26600104B873E4C01783DAB@exchange.quests.com> Scott Benjamin writes:
: Could someone point me in the right direction for securing a FreeBSD box?
: I'm looking for some documentation and such in helping me make sure I hit
: all of the angles so that someone else doesn't =).

You can look in the FreeBSD handbook for some of this information.

For the most part, disable all those services you aren't explicitly
using.  If you are running programs that aren't part of freebsd
proper, make sure you have the latest version.

Warner