Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2012 12:29:15 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?B?QXR0aWxhIEJvZ8Ohcg==?= <attila.bogar@linguamatics.com>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NFS: rpcsec_gss with Linux clients

Hi Rick,

On 02/09/12 00:57, Rick Macklem wrote:
> This certainly sounds bogus. I can see an argument for 2 TCP
> connections for trunking, but since a security context should only be
> destroyed when the client is done with it, doing a DESTROY doesn't
> make sense? (There is something in the RPC header called a "handle".
> It identifies the security context, and it would be nice to check the
> wireshark trace to see if it the same as the one being used on the
> other connection?)
The Linux guys say this is a bug in Linux:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-nfs/msg32466.html

I'm going to open a bug with Red Hat and test the upstream linux kernel
+ nfs-utils against this bug.

As per their message it's also interesting why the rpcsec destroy mic
evaluates to GSS_S_DEFECTIVE_TOKEN.
This is the 2nd root of the original problem.

> That would indicate the encrypted checksum isn't correct. It
> might be using an algorithm only supported by the newer RPCSEC_GSS_V3?
If I check the trace with wireshark 1.4.6 it reports rpc malformed packet.
However if I check the trace with the newest 1.8.2 it's OK (could be a
bug in wireshark, though).
Anyway it says rpc version 2 and gss version 1.

> I've attached a small patch with disables setting client->cl_state to
> CLIENT_STALE for this case, which you could try, to see if it helps?
Yep, it works perfectly. Confirmed. Please go ahead to commit and merge
to stable.

Attila

--
Attila Bogár