Date:      Wed, 06 Nov 1996 10:50:32 +0100
From:      Daniel Eriksson <eradaer@gaer16.ericsson.se>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD hacker dinner report...

obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu wrote:

> [that's "Meals Ready to Eat" -- the pre-packaged, shrunk dried food that
> US military ground troops "get" to get]

[off topic alert]

There are MREs and there are MREs. The shrunk-dried MREs are mostly
used in survival-situations and when you must keep the load as light
as possible. They usually tastes like shit and upsets your stomach,
but they provides the nutrition and enery needed to continue.

Next comes the MREs that are based on canned food. Most MREs I've tried
doesn't even deserve to be called food (f.e. the german MREs), but
there are a few exceptions. The french MREs, and especially their #1
(of 14?) with the small bottle of wine, can be rather tasty.

I've never had the privilege(?) to taste american MREs since we had
no american ground-troops in Bosnia when I served there.

In any case, who would want to transmit MREs over the net anyway? :-)

--
Daniel Eriksson, eradaer@gaer16.ericsson.se