Date:      24 Nov 99 08:18:41 EST
From:      Tom parquette <tparquet@netscape.net>
To:        Ken Wills <kenwills@mailbag.com>, Tom parquette <tparquet@netscape.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Re: Stumped setting up NATD and firewall support]

Ken,
If there is one thing I have learned in my 20 years of IBM mainframe supp=
ort
its 'sometimes you need another set of eyes'.
Thanks.

The two options entries are coded and loaded.
The oip entry was from a very early attempt.  I don't know how that creap=
ed
back in.  :-|
We will not talk about natd_enable.

I got further last night but I still have some problems.  I found the
natd_flags value in another question so I transplanted my natd.conf
information into that variable.  I'm now getting something out of natd ab=
out
an invalid ep0 (the nic pointing to the simulated Road Runner network.)  =
I do
not know if there is some interaction between dhcpc, natd with -dynamic a=
nd -n
ep0 but I called it quits late last night.

Have you, or anybody else, seen any problems with this kind of configurat=
ion
that could provide any insight as to why I'm now getting an invalid ep0
message? Sorry I do not have the actual message.
Cheers...

Ken Wills" <kenwills_lists@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >From: Tom parquette <tparquet@netscape.net>
> >Subject: Stumped setting up NATD and firewall support
> =

> You don't say if you have rebuilt you kernel with =

>             options    IPFIREWALL
>             options    IPDIVERT
> (See the natd manpage for details)
> =

> =

> >   # set these to your outside interface network and netmask and ip
> >    oif=3D"ep0"
> >    onet=3D"24.0.0.0"
> >   omask=3D"255.000.000.000"
> >  oip=3D"10.0.0.11"
>              ^^^^^^^^  Is this correct? I'm confused.
> =

> >My /ETC/RC.CONF file:
> ># This file now contains just the overrides from /etc/defaults/rc.conf=

> ># please make all changes to this file.
> >firewall_enable=3D"YES"
> >firewall_quiet=3D"YES"
> >firewall_type=3D"simple"
> >natd_enable=3D"NO"
>    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ - This looks like a showstopper to me :-)
> =

> Ken
> =

> kenwills@mailbag.com
> =

> =

> =

"Do or do not.  Is no Try"--Yoda.  =

"Friends come and go but enemies accumulate."--me.