Date:      Tue, 06 Oct 2009 00:49:36 +0200
From:      Daniel Bond <db@danielbond.org>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: openssh concerns

--Apple-Mail-6--549614409

Hi.

I explained my opinion quite well (imo) a bit further down in my
previous email. I'm not sure what
to answer.

I don't necessarily think it's relevant for every computer running
sshd. I see a tendency to change
sshd port to 2022 and other port numbers. I'm not sure everyone doing
it is aware that using
unprivileged ports also has consequences, compared to (often) a few
harmless logentries.

I'd much rather use an privileged port, or mac_portacl(4), like
mentioned earlier.

Best regards,

Daniel.

I've noticed quite a bit of suggestions to use 2022, 2222 and such