Date:      Tue, 16 Aug 2022 15:09:33 -0400
From:      Alejandro Imass <aimass@yabarana.com>
To:        Tomek CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How fast can I get FBSD to boot?

--000000000000d33ce305e6607d81

Thank you for the pointers!

The reason I started this framework was precisely to use Perl in this space=
.

Best!

--=20
Alex

On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 11:36 AM Tomek CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 5:05 PM Alejandro Imass wrote:
> > Hi there !
> > I=E2=80=99ve developed a nice framework for embedded touch screen app
> development based on Perl Tk.
>
> If you also may consider Python, I can recommend Kivy for
> multiplatform and multimedia development, on big and small OS along
> with mobile Android and iOS. I am rewriting messy JS+ReactNative
> mobile application in Kivy and is surprises me in a good way many
> times :-) I uses SDL2 + OpenGL for fast rendering, has various image
> formats support, can use ffmpeg for multimedia playback :-) Although I
> did not test it on rPI yet on BSD, it works on my bare DRM capable
> terminal right from the console even without Xorg :-)
>
> https://kivy.org
> https://kivy.org/doc/stable/
>
> > Is there a group or list for embedded FBSD ? Can anyone provide some
> pointers on how to make FBSD boot as fast or faster than some of the
> embedded Linux out there ?
>
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/BootTime
>
> Have fun! :-)
>
> --
> CeDeROM, SQ7MHZ, http://www.tomek.cedro.info

--000000000000d33ce305e6607d81

eason I started this framework was precisely to use Perl in this space.</di=
_attr">On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 11:36 AM Tomek CEDRO &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:t=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;bo=
rder-left-style:solid;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">=
On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 5:05 PM Alejandro Imass wrote:<br>
&gt; Hi there !<br>
&gt; I=E2=80=99ve developed a nice framework for embedded touch screen app =
development based on Perl Tk.<br>
If you also may consider Python, I can recommend Kivy for<br>
multiplatform and multimedia development, on big and small OS along<br>
with mobile Android and iOS. I am rewriting messy JS+ReactNative<br>
mobile application in Kivy and is surprises me in a good way many<br>
times :-) I uses SDL2 + OpenGL for fast rendering, has various image<br>
formats support, can use ffmpeg for multimedia playback :-) Although I<br>
did not test it on rPI yet on BSD, it works on my bare DRM capable<br>
terminal right from the console even without Xorg :-)<br>
ivy.org</a><br>
k">https://kivy.org/doc/stable/</a><br>;
&gt; Is there a group or list for embedded FBSD ? Can anyone provide some p=
ointers on how to make FBSD boot as fast or faster than some of the embedde=
d Linux out there ?<br>
_blank">https://wiki.freebsd.org/BootTime</a><br>;
Have fun! :-)<br>
-- <br>