Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 07:16:43 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@ontario.mooseriver.com>
To:        Dan Langille <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
Cc:        Justin Murdock <justin@csad.coventry.ac.uk>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.2 to be given to attendees of USENIX Technical	Conference

On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 10:56:12PM +1200, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 28 Apr 99, at 11:49, Justin Murdock wrote:
>
> > Will this install and work out of the box. (unlike 3.1)?
>
> My 3.1 worked out of the box.  In fact, I have three machine here running
> 3.1 out of the box.  Was I merely lucky?

No, you are not lucky. I have installed 3.1 on several dozen boxes.
Everyone worked fine and are still running without any problems. I am
puzzled by Justin Murdock's statement. Perhaps Justin could enlighten us
with some of the problems he has experienced. This fixing of his problems
will lead us to a better system.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 3.1
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses