Date:      Sun, 6 Aug 1995 22:14:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Duane R. Ellison" <duane@gargamel.ptw.com>
To:        questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pppd not dying

I have a question concerning pppd.  I have been able to dial in and
connect, and the port will reset once the connection is dropped, but the
pppd keeps on running and doesn't go away.  I am even able to re-log back
in and the task doesn't go away (in fact another one is created).  I
figure I must be missing something.

#My /etc/ppp/options
modem
crtscts
proxyarp

pppd is started (right now for testing purposes) in the user's ppptest
.profile which is:
#/home/ppptest/.profile
PATH=$HOME/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin
export PATH

EDITOR=vi
export EDITOR
EXINIT='set autoindent'
export EXINIT
PAGER=more
export PAGER

umask 2

/usr/sbin/pppd 10.0.0.3:10.0.0.50 lcp-echo-interval 1 lcp-echo-failure 1

I added the lcp-echo-interval and lcp-echo-failure thinking that might be
my problem but it hasn't done anything for me.  Anyway thanks in advance
for the help...

	--- Duane
       Duane Ellison                         duane@gargamel.ptw.com
                                         http://gargamel.ptw.com/~duane