Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 22:43:28 +0000
From:      Harry Woodward-Clarke <Harry.Woodward-Clarke@S1.com>
To:        William Bertram <wbertram@ionextelecom.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: smbmount

Hiya William,

> Are there any plans to include the smbmount utility with FreeBSD?  <snip>

AFAIK smbmount is being worked on by the SaMBa team to make it more
widely usable - presently it's is a goer on Linux, but not the other
implementations - but this could change any minute - check www.samba.org
for the latest and greatest.

In the meantime, I've been using SharityLight (see
/usr/ports/net/sharity-light) which has pretty much the same syntax as
smbmount - so much so, that they include the smbmount man page in the
package :') Be aware, that sharity-light seems to have some minor
problems when you leave the mount-point around (but inactive) for a
while, so I tend to mount the nt shares use them, then unmount them in a
fairly short time frame. I think this may be more a 'feature' of our
internal network, rather than a sharity-light specific problem ;') as
I've noticed similar things from nt boxen.

hth,

haxxa