Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 00:07:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>, Alvin <vj2786x@mbox4.singnet.com.sg>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unix and FreeBSD

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

# > Sun has a promo where for home or educational use you can purchase a
# > copy of Solaris 2.6.0 for $10 (was over $18 by the time they added
# > shipping and taxes). This is a very good deal, if for nothing else but
# > the printed documentation. Haven't installed mine but am told it lacks a
# > compiler.  :-(
#
# 	I have 20+ Unix servers at work, and I think one or two of them
# have Sun compilers.  Go to 'smc.vnet.net', where Solaris binaries are
# found, including compilers and the like :)

You might also try http://sunfreeware.com

-steve

# Marc G. Fournier
# Systems Administrator @ hub.org