Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 17:48:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Todd Backman <todd@c523578-a.sttls1.wa.home.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   vm.kmem.size issue?

I am running a web server on 3.2-R that has been rebooting at regular
intervals ~45mins. The box runs a PII 450 w/384mb ram. NMBCLUSTERS are set
to: 30720 and maxusers set to: 512. I get the following on console before
it reboots:

panic: kmem_malloc(4096): kmem_map too small: 80613376 total allocated

There are no messages in var/log that give any indication of what is
happening here...even after sending .err msgs to /var/log/messages.

After looking through the archives I believe that this is a VM problem.

Question: How/where do I up the 'vm.kmem.size' setting?

Thanks in advance.

- Todd