Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 12:12:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Kenneth Merry <ken@gt.ed.net>, Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with my Wincast, fxtv

On Sat, 16 Aug 1997, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone verify the patch?
> Because I am preparing a new bt848 driver release.n
> no major changes however this version has support for BSDI and improved
> YUV support for vic.  My version has been out for at least a couple
> of months and it time to check it in.
>

> 	Tnks,
> 	Amancio

Well, I just installed the stuff that Kenneth sent.  The result was that
some channels PARTLY came in (5,6,14), but all others were snowey.  This
makes me believe taht I do not have a hrc cable system.  It still doesnt
make sense according to what Steve said though.  THe channel sets were
2-6,7-13,14-99.  It is strange that with irc cable I can recieve 2-6,
14-20, and like the upper 90s.  Doesn't quite add up.

Also, I just tried another brand new kernel for xquake sound and I get
the same message:

isa_dmastatus: channel 5 not active

I tried a kernel from Monday, and it works fine.  I even recompiled the
linux lkm and reloaded it to see if that was what was causing the problem.
Nothing.

Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Network Systems Group
7600 Boone Ave. N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
mesteka@anubis.network.com, mestery@winternet.com