Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2006 04:31:44 -0400
From:      "Jero Sutlovic" <jsutlovic@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATI Rage Mobility won't work with DRI/DRM

Hi,

I can't seem to get my card, an ATI Rage Mobility Pro AGP 2X to be hardware
accelerated. I loaded the kernel mach64 module, as well as agp and drm. I
have

        Load  "dri"
        Load  "glx"

and

Section "DRI"
        Mode    0666
EndSection

I found this in Xorg.0.log, though:

(II) LoadModule: "i2c"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libi2c.so
(II) Module i2c: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 0.8
(WW) ATI(0): I2C bus Mach64 initialisation failure.
(II) ATI(0): I2C bus "Mach64" removed.

Any idea on why this is happening, and is it fixable?