Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 21:31:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:      sporkl <spork@dti.net>
To:        freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   X problems

Hello.

	I have been attempting to configure X windows. I have an
ET4000/W32 video card, an SVGA monitor with an hsync of 35.5 Khz and a
vsync of 70 Khz. I have a plain old serial three-button mouse on serial
port one, ttyd0.

	I have configured X to run via the SVGA server, but it doesn't
work. It errors with:

xf86OpenSyscons: Cannot open /dev/ttyvc (No such file or directory)

	I don't have a ttyvc. As far as I can tell, it wants a thirteenth
virtual terminal for my twelve. I only have twelve function keys, and when
I tried to configure my kernel to accept thirteen virtual terminals it
killed all my ttyv* and I had to rebuild the kernel again. I am currently
reading all the X docs i can find on my system, and the Complete FreeBSD X
sections. Please send help!

Thank you, this list has been a great help in the past.

 -Spike Gronim
  sporkl@dti.net

	"Tradition is the chastity belt of the mind"