Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:12:30 +0200
From:      Martin Kahlert <martin.kahlert@infineon.com>
To:        Jean-Mark <jeanmark@dupx.freeserve.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: I can only send 30 packackes through my ISDN connection

Hi Jean-Mark,

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 05:07:39AM +0100, Jean-Mark wrote:
> Since you  are using a PCI isdn  card it is more than likely it is  a
> "passive" card, as most are
You are right, it is a passive AVM Fritz PCI.

> , so there is a strong  chance that you need
> a simple line terminator going in-between the ISDN cable from your  card
> to the  ISDN socket outlet at the wall.
I do not think, that this is a hardware problem:
1. The old Fritz card (unfortunately ISA) works with the same cable/outlet
   from Linux without any problem.
2. The new Fritz card (PCI) works without any problem in Windows XP.
   (This is a dual boot system)
   I needed no confuguration (besides the telephone number of my provider of
   course) to get it working there. It runs stable - no problems whatsoever.

> If you're not sure what a line
> terminator  is then just ask your usual  telecom equipment supplier or
> the phone company for one - it looks like a little  plastic  phone
> connector-socket and  a  connector-plug with a few centimeters of phone
> cable attached in-between and the  purpose is to adapt a  "raw" S0-bus
> for passive  TA's
Do i need this for ISDN adapters (sorry i do not know the english word for it:
the thing connected to the real isdn-wall outlet providing a lot of ISDN
slots, an internal S0 bus plus some analog slots), too?

Thanks
Martin.

--
The early bird catches the worm. If you want something else for
breakfast, get up later.