Date:      Mon, 17 Oct 2022 08:42:29 +0100
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@rabson.org>
To:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Netlink and vnet

--000000000000bdb53605eb361ee3

In Linux container runtimes, typically netlink is used with network
namespaces to manage the interfaces and addresses for a container. This
typically involves briefly joining the network namespace to perform actions
like socket(AF_NETLINK, ...).

It would be nice to find a similar approach on FreeBSD to replace the
'jexec ifconfig ...' approach which I'm using now. Is there any way to get
a netlink socket that connects to a specific vnet? This would be cleaner,
more efficient and would simplify porting the Linux runtimes to FreeBSD.

--000000000000bdb53605eb361ee3

h network namespaces to manage the interfaces and addresses for a container=
. This typically involves briefly joining the network namespace to perform =
o find a similar approach on FreeBSD to replace the &#39;jexec ifconfig ...=
&#39; approach which I&#39;m using now. Is there any way to get a netlink s=