Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 2001 18:41:49 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: broken pipes on make world

Mike Tancsa wrote:

> At 10:58 PM 1/14/2001 +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> >Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net> writes:
> > > Does anyone else get this ?
> >
> >Lemme guess - full disk?
>
> No, I have plenty of disk space on all 4 machines.  I didnt see this on
> builds from Friday. Only today.

Green made a number of changes to OpenSSH on Saturday. I only have
problems if I log in and do a make world using ssh with those changes.
What is interesting is to use both telnet and ssh to do the following.
The output from the ssh session is seriously truncated when it is
doing some of the traverses.

cd /usr/src/share/man
makewhatis -v /usr/share/man

It didn't have problems with man9 but there are 5 broken pipes
traversing man8.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart