Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 12:43:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tomohira Tabata <ttabata@ece.ucsd.edu>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make CD-R disk of FreeBSD

Dear Sirs,

I would like to download FreeBSD 3.0 from some ftp site, write it
onto a CD-R media, and install FreeBSD as if I used a CD-ROM media
supplied by Walnut.

I have not installed or tried FreeBSD yet. So I read some
documentations under
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html, but still I have some
questions.

Is there any documentation that explains what I should copy and how
build directories on a CD-R media? Just copying all of files under
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/3.0-RELEASE/ does work well?

Also it is not clear to me what I should copy for NFS installation. Is
there any documentation for that?

Sorry if you put these kinds of information on your web site already,
although I can still say it was hard to find for me.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Tomohira Tabata
ttabata@ucsd.edu