Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:41:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Comments on this patch?

:On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 02:44:27PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
:> I've been running this for a while.  I reversed the normal order to
:> make it easier to do the math w/o having to shift columns and flip
:> things over.
:
:Thanks for the patch! It'd be nice to time the buildworld only. Is there
:a timed installworld? (I think `make world` is the only one, but I never
:really cared that much for these stats anyway ;-)
:
:--
:Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
:GCS/E/S @d- s+:+>+:- a--->+++ C++ UB++++ P+ L- E--- W+++ !N !o ?K w---

    I just use the 'time' csh/tcsh variable:

     time       Control automatic timing of commands.  If set, then any com-
                mand that takes more than this many cpu seconds will cause a
                line giving user, system, and real times and a utilization
                percentage which is the ratio of user plus system times to re-
                al time to be printed when it terminates.

    I set it to something relatively high, like 15 minutes.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>