Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2002 20:07:47 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Subject:   Kernel config(s) for both servers ...

Okay, just in case it might have a bearing on the issues, I've just gone
through and cleaned up my kernel config file, reduced the NSWAPDEV to the
actual number (1 on venus, 2 on jupiter), enabled a makeoptions of
DEBUG=-g and cleaned out some of the 'extras' I had had enabled but wasn't
using (ie. IPv6), so other then minor differences, both servers look like:

machine         i386
cpu             I686_CPU
ident           kernel
maxusers        0

options         NMBCLUSTERS=15360

options         NSWAPDEV=1
makeoptions     DEBUG=-g                #Build kernel with gdb(1) debug symbols

options         INET                    #InterNETworking
options         FFS                     #Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         FFS_ROOT                #FFS usable as root device [keep this!]
options         SOFTUPDATES             #Enable FFS soft updates support
options         UFS_DIRHASH             #Improve performance on big directories
options         COMPAT_43               #Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options         SCSI_DELAY=15000        #Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options         KTRACE                  #ktrace(1) support

options         SYSVSHM
options         SHMMAXPGS=199608
options         SHMMAX=(SHMMAXPGS*PAGE_SIZE+1)

options         SYSVSEM
options         SEMMNI=4096
options         SEMMNS=8192

options         SYSVMSG                 #SYSV-style message queues

options         P1003_1B                #Posix P1003_1B real-time extensions
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
options         ICMP_BANDLIM            #Rate limit bad replies

options         SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
options         APIC_IO                 # Symmetric (APIC) I/O

device          isa
device          pci

device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required)
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
device          sa              # Sequential Access (tape etc)
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)

device          amr             # AMI MegaRAID
device          sym             # NCR/Symbios Logic (newer chipsets)

device          atkbdc0 at isa? port IO_KBD
device          atkbd0  at atkbdc? irq 1 flags 0x1
device          psm0    at atkbdc? irq 12

device          vga0    at isa?

pseudo-device   splash

device          sc0     at isa? flags 0x100

device          npx0    at nexus? port IO_NPX irq 13

pseudo-device   loop            # Network loopback
pseudo-device   ether           # Ethernet support
pseudo-device   pty     256     # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)

pseudo-device   bpf             #Berkeley packet filter