Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 13:55:39 -0500
From:      "Sconiers, John" <john.sconiers@Orbisnews.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:    Upgrading systems

We just bought 3 new Unix boxes (Pentium 300's with 3 9gig SCSI hard
drives).  The units will be replacing 3 old Pentium 100 boxes that run
Freebsd 2.1.7.1 and Red Hat Linux.  The boxes will be doing light
news, mail, firewall, shell, DNS, www, and ftp.  My experience with
installing from a boot floppy (2.2.6) on a couple of machines at home
went well, however I'm wondering if its possible for some people to
give ideas about how to install on a "PRODUCTION ENVIROMENT" where
there are security concerns as well as other issues.  Also in the
newsgroup people refer to a one or more machines as sort of a code
base machine that is used to test pre production code as well.  Is
this generally the practice of a Freebsd Sys-Admin.  Any other help or
comments would be greatly appreciated.

JOHN