Date:      Sat, 29 Sep 2001 10:31:30 -0400
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@yumyumyum.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD-STABLE panics when playing DVD's

I just cvsupped to the latest stable (from a -STABLE of 2 months ago) and now
when I use vlc, or mplayer to play dvd's FreeBSD panics and reboots. I traced
the panic but since I don't have a whole lot of time to sit here on the
computer and trace kernel panics, I went the lazy man's route and checked out
a source tree from a month ago. That kernel still had the same problem, so I
checked a source tree out from 2 months ago, and low and behold the problem
is gone. I'm still working on figureing out the exact commit that caused the
problem, and when I find out, I'll let everyone here know, but I just thought
that someone might already know which commit did it once I mentioned the
general time the commit occured. Anyway, Just wanted to let everyone know.

Ken