Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:00:31 -0300
From:      "Jackson Donadel" <fatboy@linuxbr.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   badblocks vs freebsd

Hi ppl

I new in this list, and  have some questions about freebsd

My Hard Disk had a small problem with bad blocks(have some thing about 200),
in instalation i use the bad block scan.
What this bad block scan do when say "%1 will be marked BAD" ?
I can realy believe that freebsd will not use that blocks?
My HD is a Quantum Pionner 2.1 Gb using in normal mode.

I can start puting it in the air?, what kind of problems iŽll find?
I do bad144 too

router# bad144 -v /dev/wd0s1
cyl: 3960, tracks: 16, secs: 63, sec/cyl: 1008, start: 0, end: 3992436
bad block information at sector 3992562 in /dev/wd0s1:
cartridge serial number: 1234(10)
sn=15229, cn=15, tn=1, sn=46
sn=181461, cn=180, tn=0, sn=21
sn=182364, cn=180, tn=14, sn=42