Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 19:25:08 -0400
From:      Raoul Schroeder <memphis_ms@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Weird loopback problem on -stable (CVS last week)

Hello everyone,

I had a weird problem today on lo0. For some reason, imapd would not
accept anything for "localhost", only via the ip address explicitly.
Now, when I tried again, it works.

It happened without me touching the system, and it came back alive
without me touching the system. When it was not running, a reboot did
not fix the problem.

I am really very curious as to why this could happen. The firewall DOES
allow everything through on lo0 per settings.
The funny thing is, imapd did not log anything in the maillogs, so imapd
did not get the request, even. Could inetd have had a problem?

Thanks for the help,

Raoul