Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:25:23 +0200
From:      Juan Francisco Rodriguez Hervella <jrh@it.uc3m.es>
To:        "(Lista) freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Tux Racer over FreeBSD (port linux_base-7 doesn't exists  =?iso-8859-1?Q?=3F=BF?=)

Hello:

I've just bought the game Tux Racer, which runs
nice on Windows and Linux. I've also got an NVivia
Riva TNT2, so the game should work well when the NVidia
people or someone release the GLX accelerated
driver for FreeBSD.

But when I try to install it, the following message
appears:

"This software doesn't run with glibc-2.1 over FreeBSD."

So, I tried to upgrade the linux emulation, but
I've discovered that doesn't exist anything under
"/usr/ports/emulator/linux-base_7"

What's happening with this port ?
Do you think "Tux Racer" will someday run over FreeBSD ?

Regards :)

--
JFRH.