Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 1997 13:27:39 -0700
From:      Mike Yorke <myorke@usa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What's the difference

Hi,

I have recently become a UN*X enthusiast and have been playing around
with Linux a bit.  While doing so I have discovered that Linux is not
the only Free PC compatible UNIX out there; i.e. FreeBSD.

I've noticed that there are what appears to be different BSD
implementations out there that all use the BSD name; FreeBSD, NetBSD,
BSDI, etc.  What's the difference?  Is there a difference?  I get the
impression that they are all very similar with some exceptions.  Could
you shed any light on this subject?

Thanks in advance.

Mike