Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 1996 08:47:20 -0600 (CST)
From:      Guy Helmer <ghelmer@alpha.dsu.edu>
To:        Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: adduser project?

On Sun, 24 Mar 1996, Robert Withrow wrote:

> > Whatever happened to this?  A couple of folks were working on it
> > together, using the "spec" that I posted a few months back, and
> > then nothing happened.
>
> And, even though there was a lot of disagreement about this, I
> still need some sort of deluser capability.  In my case it would
> be better to do something imperfectly that to do nothing because you
> can't figure out what the perfect thing is to do.
>
> So, can I petition the lords of adduser to add some kind of deluser
> capability?  Please?

I've written a removeuser utility for FreeBSD that a number of people are
using, and it's been used heavily at my site.  I've mentioned it on this
list a couple of times.  It's now available at

ftp://ftp.dsu.edu/pub/FreeBSD/ghelmer/removeuser.tar.gz

Guy Helmer, Dakota State University Computing Services - ghelmer@alpha.dsu.edu